Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hooooo shitcakes

It has been one hell of a month. After a long running list of disputes with our now-former landlord, including a week-long episode without air conditioning during a heat wave, we moved out and are now renting a condo. I know the guy who owns it, and he just so happened to be remodeling it right around the end of June, which was when we needed to move out.

Excellent; the deal is Girlfriend packs, which I hate, and I move everything, which she hates. But after recruiting some friends, renting the truck, etc., we find that when we arrive on July 1, the place is gutted save for one room.

We cram all of our stuff into this room, and after a lively series of discussions with our new landlord, we shuttle ourselves off to a hotel using some prorated rent dollars and Girlfriend's connections in the travel industry.

As it happens, last week was my vacation week. I intended to get things unpacked and then tuck myself away for some writing, and I managed to get one of the two. Girlfriend stayed at her parents house for a few days, and so I wrote for a solid 4 days from about 10am till 9pm. Made some good progress, and was in pretty good spirits when we checked out on Sunday.

Ha ha! There are contractors all over the place on Monday. Still here today, in fact, and I'd be shocked if they aren't here tomorrow. The bed is down, and my computer is set up, but that's about it. Everything will be amazing when they're done, but it's not the most conducive environment for getting work done.

However, if all goes well I'll have this weekend to put some final touches on Battlesongs of Hope before I send it off to Lucky Bat Books for formatting and covers. And hopefully I'll see this thing published by the end of August.

Onward...

No comments:

Post a Comment